Discussione: Greetings from the USA

Con noi dal 07/07/2018
    Provincia: Genova

United States
     akcapcinq non è in linea
    500L
    Rosso passione

Predefinito Greetings from the USA

We have a 2015 500 Sport manufactured in Mexico with 5spd transmission and 100hp and a 2015 500L Easy with a 160hp turbocharged 1.4l Multiair, manufactured in Serbia, of course.

The Easy monochromatic exterior trim level is equipped with everything including the massive pano roof -- and excepting leather, heated seats and compact spare. We also have three neighbors with 500L's.

We both love our Fiats, which is unusual for Americans. My wife was born in France, and I've lived in Stuttgart and Genoa. I'm an architect and we are both 60 years young.

We love so many things about the 500L: it has a very chair-like H-point, much like a large minivan or large SUV in a less wasteful package -- great for lower back health and great for seeing out into traffic.

We also like the way it drives, the balance of room and economy (we've recorded a FUELLY average of 28mpg = 10l/100km).

And the 500L, at least in the USA, Easy trim level has a very complete feature set: all auto up/down windows, capless gas cap, delayed headlight operation, one touch turn signals that give five flashes instead of the usual three, lumbar support, rear camera and park assist beepers, user friendly Uconnect bluetooth/nav/satellite radio system. We love the radio controls on the back of the steering wheel. Do you have that in Italy?

And of course we love the flexible cargo setup: fold forward passenger seat for long loads, reclining rear seats for comfort, sliding rear seats to reprioritize cargo vs passenger space, fold flat rear seats for big loads, flip and fold forward rear seats for max cargo, and the three level cargo floor.

The styling is goofy, which is something you call a very young dog. In fact, I liken the looks of the Elle to a Bulldog: not pretty but perhaps endearing.

The interior materials are not inspiring. We have an expression in English among enthusiasts: DASH STROKER, which is someone who likes to touch the dashboard. The 500L will not inspire too much of that!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share! Thanks for our Italian/Mexican/Serbian Fiats!

Patrick in Virginia

PS, please excuse our President. He's and idiot.

Ultima modifica di akcapcinq; 12/07/2018 a 02:48:27

L'avatar di Joshua

Con noi dal 28/11/2016

Italy
     Joshua non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 145cv Abarth
    Rosso sfrontato/officina

Predefinito

welcome
    Sono un pellerossa e non comprendo nulla. come si può comprare o vendere il firmamento? o il calore della terra? Se non siamo padroni della freschezza dell'aria, né del rumore dell'acqua,voi come farete a comprarli?"La voce dell'acqua è la voce del padre di mio padre." ( stralcio di: Parole del capo Indiano Noah Sealth)

Con noi dal 30/07/2015
    Provincia: Cremona

Italy
     quadamage76 non è in linea
    1.6 mjet 120cv 500L
    Bianco gelato\Nero

Predefinito

welcome, Patrick. Don't worry for your president, we've been quite often in worse situations :-) (by the way, I like him :-))) ).

L'avatar di ilmat

Con noi dal 15/12/2016
    Provincia: Latina

Italy
     ilmat non è in linea
    1.3 mjet 95cv 500L Trekking
    Verde Toscana

Predefinito

Welcome! Nice car!
    500L trekking 1.3 95 cv verde toscana + pack confort + sensori di parcheggio + ruotino

L'avatar di ilmat

Con noi dal 15/12/2016

Italy
     ilmat non è in linea
    Verde Toscana

Predefinito

Can you send an image of the 500L’s interiors to appreciate difference between italian one?
    500L trekking 1.3 95 cv verde toscana + pack confort + sensori di parcheggio + ruotino

Con noi dal 07/07/2018

United States
     akcapcinq non è in linea
    500L
    Rosso passione

Predefinito

I will take some pictures of the interior and post them!

Quote Originariamente inviata da quadamage76 Visualizza il messaggio
    welcome, Patrick. Don't worry for your president, we've been quite often in worse situations :-) (by the way, I like him :-))) ).

Omerissimo

Predefinito

Hi Patrick! Good choices!

I think you can be cooler than now only getting round Virginia on Alfa Romeo "Duetto"!

L'avatar di Lucapo

Con noi dal 14/02/2017
    Provincia: Siracusa

Italy
     Lucapo non è in linea
    1.6 mjet 105cv 500L Trekking
    Verde Toscana\Bianco

Predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviata da akcapcinq Visualizza il messaggio
    We have a 2015 500 Sport manufactured in Mexico with 5spd transmission and 100hp and a 2015 500L Easy with a 160hp turbocharged 1.4l Multiair, manufactured in Serbia, of course.

The Easy monochromatic exterior trim level is equipped with everything including the massive pano roof -- and excepting leather, heated seats and compact spare. We also have three neighbors with 500L's.

We both love our Fiats, which is unusual for Americans. My wife was born in France, and I've lived in Stuttgart and Genoa. I'm an architect and we are both 60 years young.

We love so many things about the 500L: it has a very chair-like H-point, much like a large minivan or large SUV in a less wasteful package -- great for lower back health and great for seeing out into traffic.

We also like the way it drives, the balance of room and economy (we've recorded a FUELLY average of 28mpg = 10l/100km).

And the 500L, at least in the USA, Easy trim level has a very complete feature set: all auto up/down windows, capless gas cap, delayed headlight operation, one touch turn signals that give five flashes instead of the usual three, lumbar support, rear camera and park assist beepers, user friendly Uconnect bluetooth/nav/satellite radio system. We love the radio controls on the back of the steering wheel. Do you have that in Italy?

And of course we love the flexible cargo setup: fold forward passenger seat for long loads, reclining rear seats for comfort, sliding rear seats to reprioritize cargo vs passenger space, fold flat rear seats for big loads, flip and fold forward rear seats for max cargo, and the three level cargo floor.

The styling is goofy, which is something you call a very young dog. In fact, I liken the looks of the Elle to a Bulldog: not pretty but perhaps endearing.

The interior materials are not inspiring. We have an expression in English among enthusiasts: DASH STROKER, which is someone who likes to touch the dashboard. The 500L will not inspire too much of that!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share! Thanks for our Italian/Mexican/Serbian Fiats!

Patrick in Virginia

PS, please excuse our President. He's and idiot.

Hello Patrick & Virginia! Welcome!

Many thanks for your message, it is great to receive a feedback from the US and to learn about first-hand experiences!
    It seems that there are few differences here compared to the features you describe (apart the engine - we would love to have your version here):

all auto up/down Windows - YES
    capless gas cap - YES
    delayed headlight operation - not sure what is this
    one touch turn signals that give five flashes instead of the usual three - I do not think so - not sure
    lumbar support - YES
    rear camera - YES
    park assist beepers - YES
    user friendly Uconnect bluetooth/nav/satellite radio system - YES
    radio controls on the back of the steering wheel - No, control on the front of the steering wheel (and not performing well, to be honest)

I had a look at recent USA reviews and it seems that the 500 L is scoring very bad… while I may understand critics on the style (either you love it or you hate it)… I cannot understand all the other bad scorings, including the engine, from what you say it does not perform so bad… I would be interested to know more on the grounds for the bad reviews… I also heard some rumors that FIAT is planning to leave the US market…

PS: Idiot presidents are multiplying around the world, it is worrying… :-)
    Se la cinquecento diventasse di moda, passerebbe rapidamente di moda...

L'avatar di ilmat

Con noi dal 15/12/2016

Italy
     ilmat non è in linea
    Verde Toscana

Predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviata da Lucapo Visualizza il messaggio
    delayed headlight operation - not sure what is this
    one touch turn signals that give five flashes instead of the usual three - I do not think so - not sure
    Delayed headlight operation è in pratica il follow me home che prevede lo spegnimento ritardato dei fari per illuminare il tragitto verso casa. Gli indicatori di direzione one touch è la funzionalità attraverso la quale, dando un tocco più dolce sulla leva delle frecce, si può azionare il cosiddetto lampeggio autostradale, cioè 5 lampeggi per indicare il cambio corsia che si spengono da soli senza dover reintervenire sulla leva. Entrambi presenti anche sulle 500L italiche

Con noi dal 07/07/2018

United States
     akcapcinq non è in linea
    500L
    Rosso passione

Predefinito

Here are photos of our 2015 500L, Easy Trim level.

Here in the US, the trim levels ascended: Pop, Easy, Trekking, Lounge -- with the Easy having cloth seats and dashboard panels in a textured "platinum" color.

I believe our REAR HEADREST standards are different than Europe, hence only the center headrest is low.

The Trekking cloth interior also had a rear center armrest.

Ultima modifica di akcapcinq; 14/07/2018 a 19:41:16

+ Rispondi
Pagina 1 di 2
1 2 ultimoultimo

Permessi di invio