+ Rispondi
Pagina 2 di 2
primaprima 1 2
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 11 a 20 su 20

Discussione: Abarth Ferrari Dealers Edition; some differences in setup to normal Esseesse?

Con noi dal 22/07/2009
    Provincia: N/A

United Kingdom
     Stuart J non è in linea

Predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviata da Olympus Visualizza il messaggio
    When you've seen one, you've seen them all
    Thanks for your initial post. I would be very interested in what you find the differences are in the geometry & suspension between the ss & the FF edition. We have had a couple of scares at high speed in our car with the rear end getting loose under heavy braking & I feel the high speed stability is the real weak point of the car.

If you can mail me any details you have once you have measured it I would be very grateful

My mail address is jenkins414@aol.com

Thanks

Stuart

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009
    Provincia: Stato Estero

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito

Hi Stuart, the first suspicion we have is that the springs are different; the car rides approx 3 mm lower than my other SS and is more planted at the rear. No changes in shock absorbers, etc.

When I fitted the kit to the Grigio Campovolo Esseesse, I specifically asked the technician carrying out the job to measure and setup the front suspension with the aim of reducing torque steer and improving steering accuracy on bumpy roads. Christos did just that, aided by the more forgiving nature of Michelin tyres. With the Pirellis, the car as delivered was lacking the feel of lateral stability that it got with the kit+setup and that the Ferrari edition has from scratch. I can ask as to the measurements he applied and will come back on that, hopefully by getting the red one at the service station for a proper examination on the ramp either on Monday or Tuesday. I believe that front-end setup is also important in this matter.

I fully understand what you are alluding to in your post and I'll get an answer towards this direction.

John
    500 Abarth Ferrari 130/200, Maserati QP S Allestimento Speciale, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti One-To-One.

Con noi dal 22/07/2009

United Kingdom
     Stuart J non è in linea

Predefinito

Hi Stuart, the first suspicion we have is that the springs are different; the car rides approx 3 mm lower than my other SS and is more planted at the rear. No changes in shock absorbers, etc.

When I fitted the kit to the Grigio Campovolo Esseesse, I specifically asked the technician carrying out the job to measure and setup the front suspension with the aim of reducing torque steer and improving steering accuracy on bumpy roads. Christos did just that, aided by the more forgiving nature of Michelin tyres. With the Pirellis, the car as delivered was lacking the feel of lateral stability that it got with the kit+setup and that the Ferrari edition has from scratch. I can ask as to the measurements he applied and will come back on that, hopefully by getting the red one at the service station for a proper examination on the ramp either on Monday or Tuesday. I believe that front-end setup is also important in this matter.

I fully understand what you are alluding to in your post and I'll get an answer towards this direction.

John
    Thanks

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito

A quick update on the matter; I've just come off the phone to a friend in Maranello who is using a FD Abarth (of the very first ones, may I add). We do not seem to be able to detect differences in the springs over the normal SS, or a different part number, but we'll try to go deeper by asking around the proper circles as to any differences.
    500 Abarth Ferrari 130/200, Maserati QP S Allestimento Speciale, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti One-To-One.

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito

Some extra photos from the features on these cars; the original numbering sticker, the second set of floor mats, special lacquered sill plate, handwritten colour code on a PPG sticker denoting the special paint process, full equipment complement with navigation and electrochromic mirror.

For future reference, as they say
    Immagini allegate

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito

Still no news on this; we seem to be unable to find documented differences so I would imagine that production setup accuracy is within certain tolerances but it affects on-road behavior massively even when off by a smidgeon.

Stuart, could you please let me know by private messaging what the issue was with your car (ie, emergency stop from high speed)???

Con noi dal 22/07/2009

United Kingdom
     Stuart J non è in linea

Predefinito

Still no news on this; we seem to be unable to find documented differences so I would imagine that production setup accuracy is within certain tolerances but it affects on-road behavior massively even when off by a smidgeon.

Stuart, could you please let me know by private messaging what the issue was with your car (ie, emergency stop from high speed)???
    Thanks for your reply to the Pm

L'avatar di 500fans

Con noi dal 09/01/2009

Greece
     500fans non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 135/160cv Abarth

Predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviata da olympus Visualizza il messaggio
    some extra photos from the features on these cars; the original numbering sticker, the second set of floor mats, special lacquered sill plate, handwritten colour code on a ppg sticker denoting the special paint process, full equipment complement with navigation and electrochromic mirror.

For future reference, as they say
    Ultima modifica di 500fans; 24/08/2009 a 06:20:23

L'avatar di wreckmaster

Con noi dal 08/01/2009
     wreckmaster non è in linea
    1.2 69cv Pop
    Blu m'ama non m'ama

Predefinito

Your car is looking sooo good Olympus I cant even imagine how it must be to to have two Abarth 500`s

I am considering buying a Bravo 1,6 or 1,9 diesel as a replacement for my Opel Astra
    Jive blue Fiat 500 1,2 pop, electric sunroof, blu&me, a-bar, crome list on hood, crome mirrors, 16"lounge for summer, 15"lounge for winter, dark rear windows, blue avorio interior and 2 child seats

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito

Thanks, my first one has gone to a very good home in the south of Athens and there is a plan to get a new "everyday" Abarth so that the Ferrari Edition one is preserved for posterity.

+ Rispondi
Pagina 2 di 2
primaprima 1 2