+ Rispondi
Pagina 1 di 2
1 2 ultimoultimo
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 10 su 20

Discussione: Abarth Ferrari Dealers Edition; some differences in setup to normal Esseesse?

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009
    Provincia: Stato Estero

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito Abarth Ferrari Dealers Edition; some differences in setup to normal Esseesse?

I just had an opportunity to drive back-to-back the Abarth that Ferrari Dealers are receiving at the moment. I noted some interesting comparisons between the setup of the F-Edition and my SS, always allowing for the fact that the red one had circa 20 kms under its wheels as opposed to 2500 kms of my Grigio Campovolo SS.

First of all, a confirmation. Michelins are streets ahead for everyday use compared to Pirellis. Steering feel is entirely different with the Pirellis. We are experimenting a bit with minutely lower tyre pressures at the moment and a thorough check of the exact alignment and balance of the front tyres to ascertain the exact differences that give a Michelin-shod car a more comfortable feeling with more stability at high speed. I suspect that Abarth Pazaropoulos who did the SS installation work on my Abarth have hit on an imperceptibly finer setup that is more forgiving over what we call Greek roads...

The ride height is also slightly different. We are looking at whether the Ferrari Edition is equipped with a (sort-of) second generation of the Esseesse setup, possibly including different brake pads as well.

The Sabelt seats are superb. A bit uncompromising in lumbar support terms but not ultra-hard as one would expect from a sports seat. I believe that they will be offered as an option on the normal Abarth; I would specify them on an order form only after trying them at a dealer and judging their everyday comfort after getting in and out of a car that has them a few times.

The exhaust note is different and more evident at high speed, without being intrusive or boomy.

On the colour; the specially-coded red paint is Rosso Corsa under a slightly different name. I was not that keen on the stick-on stripes ( I am sure that Marco Zanasi at Maranello can paint them like on a Scuderia ) I felt that the standard Abarth bonnet scorpion, etc is of a slightly higher quality that the ones on the Ferrari Edition but, again, this is a personal judgement.

Overall, and given the yet-unconfirmed indication that there might be an improved or at least different setup spec to the normal Esseesse setup, a very nice package.

Apologies for the repetition if some of these comments have already been mentioned in the Italian section of the Forum.

Greetings from Athens.
    Ultima modifica di Olympus; 12/06/2009 a 08:40:59
    500 Abarth Ferrari 130/200, Maserati QP S Allestimento Speciale, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti One-To-One.

L'avatar di VilleV

Con noi dal 10/04/2009
    Provincia: N/A

Finland
     VilleV non è in linea
    1.2 69cv Lounge
    Rosso sfrontato/officina

Predefinito

Thanks for the review Olympus. I found it really interesting and I think the F-edition Abarth is simply stunning!

L'avatar di wreckmaster

Con noi dal 08/01/2009
     wreckmaster non è in linea
    1.2 69cv Pop
    Blu m'ama non m'ama

Predefinito

Excellent Olympus The Abarth 500 is definatly the abarth of my dreams. Have seen the pics of it and it is bautiful. But when it goes for 30000euros in Hellas I cant imagine what the price would be like in Norway
    Jive blue Fiat 500 1,2 pop, electric sunroof, blu&me, a-bar, crome list on hood, crome mirrors, 16"lounge for summer, 15"lounge for winter, dark rear windows, blue avorio interior and 2 child seats

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito

I believe that the indicated price in Greece reflects the individual taxing of all accessories as well as the special enclosed/protected transport cost that is higher to the one usually charged by a local Fiat importer for a standard 500. These two factors are taken into account cummulatively when VAT and Car Tax are calculated.

Assuming one didn't factor in as important the specially made twin face leather/fabric floor mats and the special exhaust (which is polished stainless, louder and has a much lighter rear box) the cost of an Abarth in Greece with everything (inc. Sabelt seats; excl. sunroof) on the options list should be in the region of 26k EUR. Painting 200 cars in Rosso Corsa individually is definitely more expensive than the charge levied for the pearl white currently on offer as an option for about 1k EUR.

So, all things taken into perspective, the cost, albeit high, is not entirely detached from the standard Abarth.

I fully sympathise with Wreckmaster; photos to follow for compensation.
    500 Abarth Ferrari 130/200, Maserati QP S Allestimento Speciale, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti One-To-One.

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito

Here's a quick one for starters.

I am going to take some detailed ones of the special items before the weekend .
    Immagini allegate

Con noi dal 30/12/2007
     luoracine non è in linea

Predefinito

Some's photos from my 500 Ferrari dealers.

L'avatar di 500fans

Con noi dal 09/01/2009

Greece
     500fans non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 135/160cv Abarth

Predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviata da Olympus Visualizza il messaggio
    Here's a quick one for starters.

I am going to take some detailed ones of the special items before the weekend .
    Quote Originariamente inviata da luoracine Visualizza il messaggio
    Some's photos from my 500 Ferrari dealers.

Bravo to both!
    500fans.com founder
    ABARTH 500 esseesse kit, white with red leathres.
    Ferrari 360 F1 Modena Challenge kit, Blue Tour De France with tan leathers.

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito

Absolutely brilliant!

Luoracine has beat me to it, with good reason (problem with my camera...)!

I am not using the leather/fabric floor mats as they are so sensitive; got a standard Abarth set instead that can be washed more easily.

So, the Rosso Corsa Abarths start coming out of the woodwork...
    Ultima modifica di Olympus; 21/07/2009 a 07:09:29

L'avatar di 500fans

Con noi dal 09/01/2009

Greece
     500fans non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 135/160cv Abarth

Predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviata da Olympus Visualizza il messaggio
    Absolutely brilliant!

Luoracine has beat me to it, with good reason (problem with my camera...)!

I am not using the leather/fabric floor mats as they are so sensitive; got a standard Abarth set instead that can be washed more easily.

So, the Rosso Corsa Abarths start coming out of the woodwork...
    Photos please!
    500fans.com founder
    ABARTH 500 esseesse kit, white with red leathres.
    Ferrari 360 F1 Modena Challenge kit, Blue Tour De France with tan leathers.

L'avatar di Olympus

Con noi dal 10/01/2009

Greece
     Olympus non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv+ Abarth

Predefinito

When you've seen one, you've seen them all

+ Rispondi
Pagina 1 di 2
1 2 ultimoultimo