L'avatar di grimwau

Con noi dal 05/02/2009
    Provincia: N/A

United Kingdom
     grimwau non è in linea
    1.3 mjet 75cv Sport
    Bianco bianco/gara

Predefinito

I needed to replace my Honda Accord 2.4 Auto Exec 17 ALW with a smaller car after it was vandalised whilst parked on my driveway overnight. I wanted a car small enough to easily fit into my garage so I went on a mission to various manufacturers dealerships to try and find the Holy Grail, a small car that exuded charisma, was a pleasure to drive and was iconic.

They were the Honda Jazz, VW Polo and the Fiat 500. There was just no contest, the Honda and the VW were so bland as well as being so short on options which I was so used to having on my Accord(s). My heart told me the 500 was the only choice and my wallet agreed to help my heart out.

Now I have a car that is still relatively scarce on our roads so it always attracts attention and it makes me smile and feel good when I drive it. This is the first Fiat I have ever owned and I am really enjoying the experience.

I usually travel to Switzerland and Italy every two or three years to visit friends and since my first trip in 1977 in my Cooper 'S' each time I have always travelled in a bigger car so it will be interesting to experience the trip this year in the 500, I just need to tell the wife she won't be able to take so many suitcases as usual. lol.
    1.3 Diesel Sport, BNW, 16" 421 Alloys, Parking Sensors, Chrome, Side Mouldings, Climate Control, ESP, Skydome, Leather Gear Knob.

Con noi dal 28/10/2008

Italy
     messerschmitt non è in linea

Predefinito

Ciao Grimwow!!!
    Thanks for coming here and for telling us your nice story. I must tell that I travel a lot in Austria and Germany also for professional reasons and last time I went to Innsbruck - Austria all the people were watching me... It was funny... Up there, there are many Mercedes and BMW and all the people were stunning while watching my car, and the Mercedes were ignored....

Are there also some Abarth in UK?

Oh, you won on Saturday in rugby, but we are not so good...

ciao

L'avatar di grimwau

Con noi dal 05/02/2009
    Provincia: N/A

United Kingdom
     grimwau non è in linea
    1.3 mjet 75cv Sport
    Bianco bianco/gara

Predefinito

Hi messerschmitt, I really envy you guys that can speak other languages so well. The majority of English are very lazy, relying on people in other countries to learn our language rather than us learning theirs. To make ourselves understood when we travel abroad we just shout the words louder thinking that will do the trick. lol.

Regarding the Abarth, I believe we had the official launch today but demonstrators have been around for a few of weeks now. The basic model is priced at £13600.00 pounds sterling.

I'm looking forward to seeing the kind of reception that we get in Italy.

Ciao
    1.3 Diesel Sport, BNW, 16" 421 Alloys, Parking Sensors, Chrome, Side Mouldings, Climate Control, ESP, Skydome, Leather Gear Knob.

L'avatar di Pethead

Con noi dal 02/06/2009
    Provincia: Stato Estero

Spain
     Pethead non è in linea
    1.3 mjet 75cv Lounge
    Rosso sfrontato/officina

Predefinito

Because its personality. It's a very special car, it has soul. I love its design and quality.
    Fiat 500 1.3 Multijet Lounge rosso sfrontatto with 433 wheels, chrome line in bonnet and badge side flags

L'avatar di MTB

Con noi dal 16/05/2009
    Provincia: Stato Estero

Switzerland
     MTB non è in linea
    1.4 tjet 160cv Abarth
    Giallo Birichino

Predefinito

For me the answer is that when i bought my car, the other possibilities was the New Renault Twingo or the Suzuki Swift. But the twingo wasn't nice as the 500 and the Swift cost too much!!
    In ricordo di WR...

+ Rispondi
Pagina 2 di 2
primaprima 1 2

Permessi di invio